Bishop Donald R. Murray
Pastor, Good Samaritan Cathedral COGIC
Jurisdictional Prelate, California North-Central Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction
- Bishop Murray is the Jurisdictional Prelate of the California North-Central (CNC) Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of the Church of God in Christ, Inc. He has been honored to serve the CNC Jurisdiction for twenty-four (24) years.
- Bishop Murray is a graduate Electrical Engineer from the University of California in Berkeley, with a post-graduate certificate in Executive and Corporate management from the Haas School of Business.
- After becoming ordained Bishop Murray founded the City of Refuge Tabernacle Church of God in Christ in Oakland, California in 1975 and served as Pastor of that local congregation for eighteen years.
- In 1993, he was selected to serve as Pastor of the Good Samaritan Cathedral Church of God in Christ in Oakland, California, where he has been honored to serve for thirty (30) years.
- He has served in the capacity of Pastor for a total of forty-eight (48) years.
- In 1999, Bishop Murray was appointed by the Presiding Bishop and the General Board of the Church of God in Christ to serve as the Jurisdictional Prelate of the CNC Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction.
His primary aim in ministry is to see sinners delivered from the ravages of sin and the Saints strengthened, matured in the word of God, and made whole.
- Bishop Murray’s current assignment at the national level for our church allows him to serve as the Trial Judge for cases involving General Board and Judiciary Board Members. This service is rendered under the jurisdiction of the General Assembly of the Church of God in Christ.
- Bishop Murray’s anointed preaching and teaching have resulted in multitudes being delivered from spiritual, emotional, and physical infirmities.
- This is the year (2023) in which Bishop Donald R. Murray celebrates sixty (60) years in ministry.
What WE Believe
Statement of Faith